About These Pages
This page was made with a lot of magic, resulting in almost zero work for me - everything is done automatically.
A wonderful scripting language, which allows you to automate everything, you can think of
Together with Perl-Fu, which allows to program your artwork with perl scripts, an essential important tool.
One of the best programs of free software.
A datbase makes lots of things much easier...
A fantastic and free operating system. Stable and tons of great software. I'd like to mention GNU make as an example. It made the creation and maintainance of my pages so easy.
The editor. And many other things, too
There's really nothing, you cannot do in perl.
- sitecopy, wget & Make
Website synchronisation by keypress
My provider - fast, good support and not expensive.
So you see, only the very best software is used. And of course, there's no need for even mentioning products from the Redmond universe.
- Jan 19th: Start of my homepage
- Moved to www.leo.org
- Worked a bit as webmaster at leo.org
- Leo-Music-Charts (they ran until 1998 or 1999)
- My homepage gets bigger - and even more chaotic
- Worked as Webmaster at the Chair VTA at the TU München
- Started my inofficial BZN homepage
- Graphical redesign of my homepage
- Start my BZN Forum
- (Re-)moved to www.informatik.tu-muenchen.de
- All BZN pages are transfered to their official location at
www.bzn-online.com and I quit
Marcel Versteeg does a really great job on these pages!
- Finished my studies and lost my account. A small part of my homepage was transferred to CompuServe's OurWorld
- No time for improving my homepage. It's a real mess now.
- Moved to fortunecity.de (even messier)
- Discovered wml
- First redesign attempts (in two languages)
- Thanks to gmmusic, I'm getting more than 100 hits per day, with a peak of over 800 one day in November.
- Started using CSS, thus resulting in slightly smaller and faster pages.
- Start of my radio section with shortwave logbook
- 263018 page views per year
- Enhancements of my radio pages with an FM-DXing part with extensive bandscan
- Page views almost doubled and reached nearly half a million that year
- The 100th watch movement was put online
- Starting the delivery of my pages in Unicode
- Changing of the page order in the navigation and PHP code improvements
- More that 750000 page views per year
- 190 watch movements online; the movement pages are permanently enhanced, also regarding the images (larger views, examples of the watches).
- 1218127 page views per year
- The watch pages are now directly accessible at http://www.uhrenbastler.de, too.
- Minor, css based redesign, mainly of the navigation. Larger layout redesign, CSS-based, too, of http://www.uhrenbastler.de, that now has got a different design as http://www.christophlorenz.de.
- This site was renamed on May, 28th to "The Metatechnical Cabinet" and got a similar design as http://www.uhrenbastler.de. Till this day, there was no single result on Google for this name!
- At the end of the year, there are already 333 different movements in the archive.
- The number of page views per year increased to more than 1,33 million.
- Takeover and hosting of www.satellit700.com, the internet reference of the Grundig Satellit 700.
- Reviewed all pages; technical fixes where needed.
- Fur the watch area, an RSS feed and the linkage with Twitter was set up.